Monday, May 16, 2011

You are what you eat..


I’ve been having a little issue with my skin lately…It has been breaking out a lot and I’m usually not the one to get pimples. I first assumed the water being different on the west coast might be playing a role in my skins sudden need to have a mind of its own then I changed my skin care regimen with hopes that it might clear things up(No luck so far..). Then I found a pretty interesting article saying how Zinc should be a number one component in your diet for good looking skin. After thinking about it, I don’t eat a lot of foods containing Zinc (e.g. Pumpkin seeds). it’s funny how we tend to overlook how our diet could affect our bodies in so many different ways so I did a little research on what foods we should be eating to get beautiful inside and out. Here’s the lowdown:

  1. Banishing breakouts: Anything foods with Zinc: Shellfish, almonds, pumpkin seeds..
  2. Making your eyes stand out: Spinach which contains lutein making your eyes whiter.
  3. Whitening your teeth: Apples!! Yes an apple a day not only keep the doctor away but also a trip to the dentist for whitening.
  4. Healthy locks: Green beans lead to thicker and stronger hair as they are packed with Silicon. (Note that it's not Silicone i'm talking about.)
  5. Aging well: Apparently, loading up on kiwis (Vitamin C) will ensure Halle Berry status.

So maybe I shouldn't be blaming it on the weather/water/product ;) but myself?

MeMo