Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hi my name is Melissa & I am a Control-Aholic


I have to share something with you, I have a big problem with control. I am not talking about controlling others and being mischievous about it or anything but more about trying to control every little thing I cannot change. For example, I think I should be sitting in the cockpit on a plane because I feel that from there I might have a chance to save myself and control the situation should the worst happen. Pathetic, I know. I also think of myself as a psychic you know..I see the future before it happens (In my wacko mind that is..And most of what I predict does not happen FYI) 

But from the responses I got from posting my resolutions this year, it seems that I am not alone in this predicament. In today's society, a lot of us are putting that extra pressure on our shoulders. How much time to we spend worrying about such little innocent things when we could be doing way more productive things? 

One thing we do have control over: Our own thoughts. Happy thoughts = Stress free life
Let's live in the moment and make this year a control free one!

MeMo