Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Easy Cooking


Here is an easy pasta plate I cooked up last night for dinner. The ingredients are basic but when using really fresh ones, the flavours come together really well! My boyfriend introduced me to this recipe over a year ago and I have been obsessed ever since.

Mix fresh basil leaves with pitted Kalamata olives
Slightly cook cherrie tomatoes with olive oil & italian spices

The next steps are:

* Boil water for your pasta (I use penne but I am sure any of your favourite pasta will do.)
* Once your pasta is cooked, combine it to the olives and tomatoes.
* Throw in fresh Bocconcini to the whole dish.
* Pour yourself a nice glass of red wine, dust parmesan cheese in your plate (there is no limit to that) and voila!

Being in B.C. is making me want to cook up a storm of fresh foods! Watching the food network is also really becoming addicting.

Cheers!

MeMo