


Starting a blog has been on my "to do" list for quite some time now. But then, you know how it gets: We work, go out with our friends, don't really know what to start writing about, push it aside and forget about it overall. After being in Toronto for a year now (Straight from Montreal), it dawned on me when talking to one of my friends over the weekend that I could have done and discovered so much more about what it had to offer and now I have to leave. So now that I am relocating to Vancouver, I am going to make a point of finding great restaurant spots, fashion finds and share it with my family and friends from Montreal, my new beloved buddies from Toronto or anyone else who wants to have a peak of my where abouts.
I haven't posted anything on Toronto while being here, (Like I said "pushing aside" ;) ) but for those who told me it was a cold city (Relationship wise) I have to deny that fact. I have met incredible people and when I had a lost look on my face, a stranger always offered directions. The restaurant scene is pretty good too, when you know where to go. For instance, this weekend we had friends bring us to a really good Japanese restaurant called Guu on Church Street and Gerrard. Their menu ranged from fried brie with mango and blueberrie sauce to "Horumon" which is pan fried pork intestine (That I tried, yes). They don't take reservations, so we waited a bit, sat on the heated patio, ordered Sake and were offered blankets to keep warm. You must check this place out. I saw that they have a location in Vancouver, so I will most probably try it out again. Have a look at their menu on : http://www.guu-izakaya.com/
So 2 days left for me here in Toronto and so much more packing to do! I'm excited to be getting these opportunities to travel so much, looking forward to meeting new people and finding out what the Vancouver "hype" is all about. Style wise, I've been wearing the corporate look while working in Toronto so I'm looking forward to incorporating new pieces into my wardrobe. Any style ideas?
I haven't posted anything on Toronto while being here, (Like I said "pushing aside" ;) ) but for those who told me it was a cold city (Relationship wise) I have to deny that fact. I have met incredible people and when I had a lost look on my face, a stranger always offered directions. The restaurant scene is pretty good too, when you know where to go. For instance, this weekend we had friends bring us to a really good Japanese restaurant called Guu on Church Street and Gerrard. Their menu ranged from fried brie with mango and blueberrie sauce to "Horumon" which is pan fried pork intestine (That I tried, yes). They don't take reservations, so we waited a bit, sat on the heated patio, ordered Sake and were offered blankets to keep warm. You must check this place out. I saw that they have a location in Vancouver, so I will most probably try it out again. Have a look at their menu on : http://www.guu-izakaya.com/
So 2 days left for me here in Toronto and so much more packing to do! I'm excited to be getting these opportunities to travel so much, looking forward to meeting new people and finding out what the Vancouver "hype" is all about. Style wise, I've been wearing the corporate look while working in Toronto so I'm looking forward to incorporating new pieces into my wardrobe. Any style ideas?
MeMo