Sunday, October 16, 2011

Let's toast to Fall.

































Fall has finally arrived in Vancouver! We've been getting great weather (Blue skies with a nice cold breeze), Starbucks has put out their pumpkin spice lattes and every knit I see seems cuter than the last. Even if it's hard to admit because I am a faithful "Summer kinda girl", I do have a soft spot for the Autumn season. I found this Apple Cider recipe in Glamour's November issue and it screams Fall! I am pretty eager to try it curled up with my latest reads.

Steps:

* Mix apple cider, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, vanilla extract & honey in a pot. Bring to a boil
* Reduce heat, simmer for about 10 minutes
* Reduce heat to low & add your white wine (Note not to boil again or the alcohol will evaporate)
* You can add some garnish e.g. sliced apples, cranberries...

I hope you are all having a great Sunday!

MeMo