As I was cooking my Pesto Pasta the other night, I began thinking about how pesto was somewhat not used to its full extent. (Say hello to the new pesto defender of rights!) Most times, you hear about pesto & pasta stories. Yawn! So today I am presenting you five different ways I use pesto. You can make a batch with the recipe found here, freeze it and use it as you'd like:
1. Mix Pesto, sun dried tomatoes, mayo, garlic. Add on top of a white fish and bake.
2. Make a grilled cheese using pesto instead mayo. Add in some prosciutto. Mmm..
3. Top a crostini with a spoonful of pesto than add a halved bocconcini piece. Makes a cute appetizer.
4. Brush pesto on veggies before grilling them.
5. Or follow this simple penne and asparagus pasta recipe below:
Sorry for the lack of "pesto itself" pictures but it's not something I necessarily like to look at. Do you have any other special ways to use pesto?
MeMo
