Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Recipe: Easiest Ice Cream Sandwich




 This is a "grown up" version of the chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwiches I used to love as a kid. I made them Sunday after our trip to the beach but we had them a couple of days later..you know when the ice cream has had time to make the cookie so mushy it almost melts in your mouth kind of thing.

I scooped Lemon flavoured ice cream atop Ginger Snap Cookies then topped it off with another cookie. Wrapped the whole thing nicely in some wax paper, froze them for a couple of days and voila! Pretty easy.

I would suggest only one thing: It's not the kind of recipe where you want to take your time. Ice cream melts, especially in hot weather like my apartment when I don't put the a.c. on; I got into a couple of sticky situations let's just say. . .

Happy Sandwich making!

MeMo